Hi Everyone! Today I thought I would tell you about my renewed obsession: Poshmark! If you haven’t heard of it, read on. If you have heard of it and you don’t have it, head over to the app store right now or Poshmark.com and get an account ( Idk why you waited so long!). If you already have it, you should follow me at rcstewart94!
Poshmark is an app where women (and men I believe) can buy and trade clothing items. It’s a great way to get rid of some of those old things in your closets that you haven’t worn or used in a while. There is a ton of high end stuff with plenty of F21 and others thrown in.
Here’s what the feed looks like:
I have outlined a few of the pros and cons below:
- You can find some great stuff for cheap, or even discontinued items you missed out on. Most of the time the prices are UNBEATABLE.
- Variety. Sometimes websites like this lack a variety, but I am always finding something new on there.
- Ease of use. It is super easy to use, they have a really nice FAQ page and guide that answered all my questions in 4 minutes flat. It made for a very small learning curve
- Mobile. Their site is optimized for mobility. Their iphone app is super easy to use and you can buy and sell right from your cell phone. This makes my computer science nerd inside really excited
- It’s safe. They verify your purchases and if you don’t get what you were told, you get your money back
- The community can be a little catty or offensive. There are many great people on there, don’t get me wrong. I would say the majority of users offer a great experience and are there for the right reasons. I have just noticed a few responses and comments that turn me off from the site.
- The good items go really, really fast. You have to be super quick! One way to solve this is to follow as many closest as you can. You can see as soon as someone posts something new!
- Supply-Demand Issue. Sometimes there is a really high supply and really low demand or vise versa. It can lead to frustration if you are trying to sell and people only want high end things or if you are trying to find something specific and everyone and their mother is too. But I guess that’s retail for ya.
- Commission. If you want to make any good amount of money off there they make it impossible. Basically, you can make a few bucks and clean out your closet, but you can’t make it a business.
Overall, I think it is really a great app. I have heard of people finding THE perfect thing and saving a ton of money. There are some people who even run their Poshmark closet as a small business. Even if that doesn’t interest you, I think it’s a really great way to find some unique items or clean out those too-small jeans from your closet!